1. When you register with the Book Delivery website (https://www.bookdelivery.com/) (“Website”), you will be required to choose a contact email address and password. You are responsible for all sessions and transactions made using these details. You should keep your password safe and not disclose it to anyone. You should change it immediately if you feel it has been compromised.
2. If any of your details change, such as your payment card billing address, you must inform Book Delivery as soon as possible. You may update your details by signing into your account on the Website, and updating your online wallet.
4. The Conditions of Use also apply to your use of the Website.
In these terms and conditions:
1. “Book Delivery” is the Website of Buscalibre UK Ltd and means Buscalibre UK Ltd, 5th Floor, Thames Tower, Reading, Berkshire RG1 1LX company registration number 15201786
2. “us” and “we” means Book Delivery and you together; and
3. “you” and “your” means the person ordering goods under these terms and conditions.
4. Any contract for purchases made through the Website will be with Book Delivery. Book Delivery tax registration numbers are listed in the Value Added Tax (VAT) section below.
5. When you place an order to purchase a product from Book Delivery, Book Delivery will send you an email confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order. This email is an acknowledgement that Book Delivery has received your order, and does not confirm acceptance of your offer to buy the product(s) ordered.
6. Book Delivery must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be processed. Payment of the advertised price will be taken at the point of order. Charging your payment method does not mean that an order has been accepted by Book Delivery.
7. If Book Delivery is unable to accept your order in whole or in part, Book Delivery will let you know, cancel your order in whole or in part, and refund you for the price paid for the relevant product(s) as soon as possible. The reasons Book Delivery may cancel your order include that there is an error on the product page (including in relation to the price); there is a problem taking payment from you or completing fraud or security checks; Book Delivery has insufficient stock to deliver the product(s) or cannot obtain the product(s) from its suppliers; or Book Delivery is unable to deliver to your specified delivery address. We may also cancel your order in accordance with sections 3.7 or 3.8.
8. Book Delivery’s acceptance of your order (which will happen when Book Delivery dispatches your order) brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms and conditions. Book Delivery will email you when Book Delivery accepts your order. If your order is dispatched in more than one package, you may receive a separate acceptance email for each package, and each separate email and corresponding dispatch will conclude a separate contract of sale between us for the product(s) specified in that email.
9. If you have pre-ordered a product from Book Delivery, Book Delivery will also email you on the release date of the product, and in advance of dispatching the product.
10. This Website is strictly for personal and non-commercial use. You agree not to use the Website for commercial or business purposes or to place orders for products which will be, or are being, sold on to a third party. If you are suspected of using the Website in any of these ways then Book Delivery reserves the right to withdraw from any relevant contract(s) and cancel your order(s).
11. We reserve the right to cancel any order and terminate any Book Delivery account if your behaviour gives Book Delivery a justified reason to do so. This will in particular be the case if you are in breach of applicable laws, these terms and conditions, the Website Conditions of Use, applicable terms which apply to a promotion and/or the Book Delivery’s content guidelines, which are all accessible on this Website, or if you engage in fraudulent activities or behaviour.
12. We do not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18 you may use Book Delivery only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
13. If you are an individual and are not buying goods on behalf of a business, you can change your mind and cancel the contract between us without giving any reason within 14 days after the day on which your items are delivered (or the last item is delivered if they were delivered separately). You must notify Book Delivery of your decision to cancel. You can notify Book Delivery through the online contact form or by contacting our help center.
14. You will be responsible for the cost of returning the item(s) to Book Delivery. You must send the item(s) back to Book Delivery no later than 14 days after the day on which you notified Book Delivery of your cancellation, by following the instructions Book Delivery sends you.
15. We will refund the price of the item(s) no later than 14 days from the day on which Book Delivery receives the item back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide evidence that you have sent the item(s) back. We will issue a refund by the same means of payment as you used to make your purchase. We don't charge a fee for the refund.
16. We may reduce your refund if you have used or damaged the returned item(s) as a result of handling the item(s) in a way which would not be acceptable in a shop. For example, Book Delivery may reduce your refund if an item’s condition is not “as new” or item-specific packaging is damaged. In some cases, because of the way you have treated the item before returning it, no refund in respect of that item may be due.
17. This section 4 does not apply if you wish to cancel because Book Delivery delivered an item to you in error or it is faulty, not as described or otherwise does not meet all the requirements imposed by law. Please refer to section 8 below for more details.
Book Delivery will post, or arrange a courier on your behalf for, the goods ordered by you to the person and address you give Book Delivery at the time you make your order. Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and in any event within 30 days of dispatch of the order. All delivery times quoted on the Website are estimates only, based on availability, normal processing and delivery companies. You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when the goods are dispatched to you from Book Delivery’s distribution centre.
18. All prices displayed on the Website are inclusive of any applicable local sales tax, VAT and similar taxes which Book Delivery may be required to charge. Your price may be different depending upon the tax that applies to your delivery location. Where Book Delivery applies a different tax rate based on the delivery address you have specified, this will be declared in the checkout.
19. When ordering from Book Delivery, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods.
20. When ordering goods from Book Delivery for delivery into the EU or Northern Ireland local VAT and/or import duties and taxes may be due. Where import duties and taxes are due, these are your responsibility. You agree that these import duties and taxes will be included in the final price paid at checkout and that Book Delivery will arrange for its carriers to make payment of applicable import duties and taxes at the customs border on your behalf.
21. When ordering goods from Book Delivery for delivery to some overseas destinations, your package may be subject to import duties and taxes that are levied once the package reaches that country. Any additional charges for customs clearance, including applicable import duties and taxes, must be paid by you to the relevant authorities; Book Delivery has no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be.
22. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information.
23. Tax registration numbers
Book Delivery UK VAT number is TBC
ABN number: TBC
New Zealand GST number: TBC
Norway VAT on eCommerce number: TBC
You authorise Book Delivery to designate a carrier (“Designated Carrier”) to act, as is appropriate depending on the applicable customs procedure, as your direct or indirect representative/agent, before the relevant customs and tax authorities in the destination country, for the purpose of clearing for importing merchandise as well as processing and remitting customs duties and any other tax levied at the time of importation.
24. If you are a consumer in the United Kingdom or European Union, Book Delivery has a legal duty to provide you with products that are as described to you on the Website and that meet all the requirements imposed by law. If the goods Book Delivery delivers are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, please contact Book Delivery. The laws of your country may give you additional rights and remedies. Such laws apply in addition to your rights under these terms and conditions. If such laws apply, Book Delivery may ask you to return the relevant product(s). If so, you must return the product(s) to Book Delivery by post, within a reasonable time of the request to do so. Book Delivery will reimburse your reasonable postage costs where required to do so by law.
25. Subject to section 8.3 below, Book Delivery will not be responsible for any loss that is a business loss or that was not foreseeable to you and Book Delivery when you ordered the goods (e.g. it was not obvious that it would happen).
26. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude (i) any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law that may not be excluded or limited or (ii) Book Delivery’s liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from its negligence or fraud.
Any contract in respect of purchases made through the Website is between us. Nobody else can enforce it and neither of us will need to ask anybody else to agree to ending or changing it.
Book Delivery shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond the Book Delivery’s reasonable control. This does not affect your legal right to have goods sent within a reasonable time or to receive a refund if goods ordered cannot be supplied within a reasonable time owing to any event or circumstance beyond the Book Delivery’s reasonable control.
If any part of these terms and conditions are found by a court or other competent authority to be unenforceable (including any provision in which Book Delivery limits or excludes its liability to you), the enforceability of any other part of these terms and conditions will not be affected and will continue to apply.
Book Delivery operates a complaints handling procedure which is used to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. If you have a complaint, please Contact us here.
These terms and conditions and each contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law. If you are a consumer and have your habitual residence in the EU or the UK, you additionally enjoy the protection afforded to you by mandatory provisions of the law of your country of residence. We both agree that legal proceedings relating to these terms and conditions or any contract between us must be brought in the UK or (if you live in an EU country) in the EU country in which you live.
Book Delivery may transfer any contract between us in respect of purchases made through the Website, so that a different organisation is responsible for supplying the product(s) you have ordered and/or assisting you with any issues affecting products which have already been supplied. Book Delivery will tell you in writing if this happens and ensure that the transfer won't affect your rights under the contract.